Bakersfield is a city in southern California and has a dry and hot climate. The pollution level in Bakersfield is so high that this city is ranked as the second most polluted in the United States. Bakersfield is the agricultural hub of California, and it also hosts horse shows around the year. It is one of the largest cities in the United States, with a population of around 520,000. This city is not directly connected to any of the interstates.
Bakersfield’s only traffic circle or loop is the Graces Memorial. The city has web pages to let its citizens know about the traffic delays, accidents, construction works, weather, and information regarding freeways. The web pages are quite helpful for the citizens to check the conditions of the road before stepping out. The traffic and pollution in Bakersfield can impact the auto insurance in Bakersfield premium amount. That is why it is necessary to check the best car insurance companies to understand and identify the best auto insurance in Bakersfield for you.
Bakersfield has some unique laws for its citizens to follow, and violations of the laws can lead to heavy fines. Some of these laws are as follows:
- You’re not allowed to smoke while driving with a child or minor. Fine can be around $1,00
- Cyclists and motorists are prohibited from wearing earbuds or earphones while they are riding or driving
Bakersfield also has some safety rules that citizens are required to follow. They are as follows:
- 2-year-old or younger kids should be safely buckled or secured in a safety seat that is rear-facing unless the kid is tall by 40 inches or weighs 40 pounds
- Kids who are younger than 8-years old or whose height is less than 4 feet and 9 inches should ride safely in a restraint system that is federally-approved
- Everyone in the car including the driver as well as the passengers should wear seat belts
- Hand-held mobile devices should not be used while driving. Even to use the GPS system, the mobile should be mounted on a car mobile holder
- Minors are not allowed to use mobile devices while driving. The mobile can be used by the minor only in case of an emergency
- The alcohol concentration in the driver’s blood should be less than 0.08 percent. Drivers driving under the influence of alcohol above 0.08 percent is fined heavily
Factors that Determine Auto Insurance in Bakersfield
Drivers who have records with violation of these laws will no doubt be fined heavily. Also, insurance companies have access to check these records while providing an insurance policy. Insurance companies charge high insurance rates to drivers who violate the laws or have been at fault in an accident.
In Bakersfield, males pay a tad more premium charges than females. Married insurance payers pay lesser premium than single status insurance payers. Those who are single or divorced pay a higher premium than widowed or married insurance payers.
Similar to most of the states in the United States, insurance companies in Bakersfield consider teenagers as risky. Hence, the insurance rate is high for them. As the age bracket increase from 20 years onwards the premium rates go on decreasing until it reaches the age group of 60. From the age bracket of 70 onwards, the premium rate is higher. In California, a credit score is not considered as a factor by insurance companies in determining the insurance rate. Hence, whether you have a poor or excellent credit score will not impact the insurance cost.
Other Factors that Determine Car Insurance in Bakersfield California
Your location is another important factor for your insurance cost. If you live in an area with crime, theft, and violation of laws, the insurance providers see it as a risky location and will charge higher insurance rates. Also, the number of uninsured motorists also adds to higher insurance rates. Check NAIC ratings before you buy insurance policies from any of the insurance companies. The NAIC ratings will enable you to choose reputed companies that you can have faith on.